Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Shark Week


I don't care what copyranter says, I think this ad is awesome. This is EXACTLY what I think about when I go to the beach while menstruating. Who hasn't heard those factoids about sharks' amazing blood-detection abilities? Throw that beaker of blue fluid away: what better measure of blood-stoppage could there be?

I appreciate it when ads acknowledge the diversity of female experience. Our menstruation concerns do not all revolve around white clothing. They can also revolve around logistics (primitive camping on heavy flow days? No thanks.), fiction (again with the vampires), or health (still not pregnant WOOOOHOOOOO). So yeah, pretty awesome that this ad addresses the "can predators smell my period?" question.

Suggestion for the next such ad: Komodo dragons. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment